• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jks bpe help

DeftwillP

NAXJA Forum User
So I bought a pair of used bpe's from another member. I didn't realize that he was using them with 7100's which have a spherical end on them. I slapped one of them on a new 5150 with eyeloop bushing and went to mount it to the stock dana 30 spot and realized that the holes are not spaced properly. There are different ways to align this little bugger for different sizes, but none that will fit a dana 30's lower shock mounting holes while holding a bushing'd end instead of a spherical rod. Looks like I've got the #9604 instead of #9603 since it has a pin that needs to be drifted in and out.

If i put the forward most hold in place, the rearward hole hangs over the flat horizontal plane that makes up shock mount so drilling it right there is kind of out of the question. Any ideas for this, or should I just slap these on the used 5125's I bought for the rear and buy a pair of some proper bpe's for the front?

btw, with the jks upper post conversion and these bpe's, it looks like I've got 4.25" of shaft exposed on a 10" travel. I'm thinking I'll buy that one company that makes different extended length bpe's and bump it up an inch. I'll bumpstop for 3" of uptravel and then 7" of down. sound good? 35" on about 4.5" of lift.

edit: That was detours I was thinking of and they aren't bpe's, only relocators and they are for rear only I guess. Any bpe's that offer about 1" of shock length back or even worth doing?

Back