• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift blocks in the junkyard

jeeptorino68

NAXJA Forum User
so i was at the junkyard, and a late model superduty was sitting there.
i noticed in the bed were 2 factory lift blocks.
about 1.5 or 2 inches in height.
they also had extensions for bumpstops to hit.
now i am pretty sure they are 3 inch wide blocks, and the Xj leafs are 2.5 inches wide...but is there any reason i could not use them with my leafs?

i know most people dont like blocks, but i am not asking about who likes them and who doesnt, just if i could use wider blocks on narrower leafs... i dont see why not, but thought i would ask.

these are 4" blocks but you get the idea:
ReadyLift%20Ford%20F250%20F350%20Super%20Duty%204%20inch%20Rear%20Lift%20Block%20Kit.png

Search lift blocks. Nobody will tell you they're a good idea, UNLESS you run a traction bar to prevent spring wrap. A bastard pack can be built using junk yard springs pretty cheaply and it will perform better.

?

i know most people dont like blocks, but i am not asking about who likes them and who doesnt

well ima tell you i dont like em' anyway!

you wont like them, and your springs definately wont like them

ok ok, they were just tempting because they have the bump stop extension and the extra 1.5 inches was what i was thinking of adding when i go to 31s.
thanks!

you can buy/make u-bolt plates that have an extension for the bumpstops

i run dpg bumpstop plates and homebrew upper extensions with universal poly bumpstops

310346_517577021604_226300669_296472_1214325025_n.jpg

(i run alotta bumpstoppage)

Back