• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 xj with possible cracked head need opinions

mxracer5647

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 4.0 2000xj that has been mysteriously losing coolant so i recently searched on here about the problem and came across some bad news about the 0331 head cracking between cylinders 3 and 4. Also found some milky looking oil under the oil cap and read stuff about that being a sign that coolant is leaking into the oil. I want to know if anyone could tell me if my jeep has the 0331 head (manufacture date is 4-00) and if there is anything simple that i could do to confirm that it has a crack or not. and also what would people suggest as a fix to the problem, a lot of people say go with a head from an earlier year but I'm also very tight on money right now cause i am currently in school, so if anyone knows a cheap temporary solution to make it though the school year that would be great because then i will be working more and have more money to fix it right.

Here is a pic of the oil cap:
oilcap.jpg

Thanks for reading and any comments are appreciated

The only cheap temporary solution, is to not drive it. Fix it or park it. If you continue to drive it, you risk destroying the entire engine.

Back