• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 29 spline lunchbox locker?

viperbluelx

NAXJA Forum User
Search function from my phone sucks so I apologize if this has been discussed a lot. I'm lookong for a lunchbox locker for a 29-spline 8.25 rear and can't seem to find anything? Does such a thing exist?

As much as I like my Aussie and it does it's job, I wish I had saved a little longer and gone with an ARB. The nice thing about the 8.25 is we (wheelers) don't have to worry about the carrier break. Meaning we can run the same carrier for 3.07-4.88. I recommend the Aussie to anyone, but I still wish I went ARB instead.

Although they will both preform the same and such, I'd recommand a no-slip over an aussie in the rear. The no-slip is ALOT quieter then then an aussie/lockright. I loved the no-slip in my 8.29 with 4.56's and 35's. A buddy has an aussie in his and you hear the thing clicking all time.

I meant to ask if you are going to be using it for a DD or trail rig... I agree with the fact that the Aussie is a little noisy, but I know for a fact that will be locked when that thing is supposed to be locked.
Simple install, reliable, durable, and the clicks let me know it's still working LOL!

Also, are you planning to lock the front? Just askin.........

Clicking won't bother me

Oh,it will ,go with the no-slip.Ive run enough "lunch box lockers" to say the "aussie" pretty much sucks.If you dont like the price of the No-slip,step up to a full case locker.Ive had way better results with a Loc-rite than the Aussie.

Aussie all the way

X2, got one in my D30 as well as the 8.25, love it. Beat the heck out of them both....no issues. i'll do it again.
I've got a ruff stuff diff cover....you can notice it but big darn deal...it's a jeep.

my buddys zj has aussies front and rear d30/44a and they work great. clicking isnt loud at all and isnt a bother at alll. i plan on putting one in my 8.25 29 spline soon also.

I bought the No-slip before the Aussie was out for the 8.25, but I'd still go with the former if I had to choose now. $100 more to get a locker from a very experienced, reputible drivetrain company used in all forms of racing that you know is going to hold up and stand behind their product.

Plus I've never heard a single click out of my locker when turning. I'd rather have that than people asking whats wrong with the jeep every time I hit a corner haha.

I have installed a couple of spartan lockers for people and I find them to be top quality and easiest install out there. I have not had any feedback on how quiet they are though.

Back