• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWC Elections - Discussion

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Yes, it's already time to start thinking new officers for the chapter. Nominations will officially open up November, 1. I encourage the NWC members to start thinking about who they would like to see take over the reigns of the chapter, and lead it for 2012.

Positions available:
President
Vice President
Treasurer/Secretary

All three will be for a one year term effective January, 1. You must be a member in good standing (no recent time outs, infractions, etc) to run for office

I encourage everyone to at least think about what they could bring to the table. If you think you might be interested in a position, feel free to PM me with questions. If you have someone in mind for a position, please talk with them and see if they would be interested. You don't need six thousand posts or a badass trail rig to run for office. Those running need to have the chapters best interest as a whole in mind.

There's no set rules for how things need to be run. It's what the BOD as a team make of it. This includes the details for Northwest Fest, Chapter Swag, official runs, donations, etc. Traditionally, the two big hurdles are dealing with the chapter swag (thanks Dave!), and planning for Northwest Fest.

I feel like the chapter has done well this year, almost like we're on autopilot (which is great). I personally would like to see some fresh ideas brought to the table for next year. We only have room to grow.

Now to stir the pot, how about a Northern Prez/VP team? :cheers:

Northern Prez/VP team, sounds good to me. Because I know I don't make it up north very often.

And most of then don't make it down here.

I should also mention the National BOD will have five positions available this election.

4x - Director at Large
1x - Recorder

If you want to get more involved with NAXJA, consider running for a national position. Check out the members forum for details.

The director at large is often a title held my someone on the opposite end of the chapter as Prez or VP, If the need is there, I would be happy to run for that position.

The director at large is often a title held my someone on the opposite end of the chapter as Prez or VP, If the need is there, I would be happy to run for that position.
That's our chapters take on the position.

My post was referring to the four Director at Large positions for the National NAXJA BOD.

Whether or not the 2012 NWC BOD decides to create additional positions (North End Director, South End Director, etc) is up to them.

For us to maintain the NWC, we are required at minimum to elect three officers for the positions in my original post.

change-architect-sign1.jpg

You can keep your "change"

*My name is Redjeep2.0, and I posted an offensive picture here*

:rtm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back