• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rattle in or around the brakes.

jimmy21669

NAXJA Forum User
94 4.0, AX15.

So...everything in my front end was replaced. I had all new suspension...everything fine.

I put on new rotors, new calipers, new pads, new unit bearings, new U-joints, new shocks, new springs....LITERALLY the front end is new.:thumbup:

I started to get a clanking in the front driver's side. Sounds like it is coming from the brakes.(n) So I got some anti-rattle clips.

Put on the anti rattle clips today. Sound is still there....but now the clips rub on the rotors...:wierd:

The sound is most pronounced between 25 and 30 miles per hour.

I am convinced it is coming from the brakes somehow.

Sounds familiar to anyone? Anyone have any insight? It's bugging the crap outta me!

Thanks guys!

I would get under their with a rubber mallet and start beating on things and see if I could hear anything rattling.

The drivers-side dust shield on my 98 started rattling while driving home from the trail one day. It was similar to your description. I had my kid kick the tire while I laid under the front end, it was easy to spot. HTH.

Back