• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seriously frustrated with my clutch. Need help

goneboating06

NAXJA Forum User
1989 Cherokee, AX-15 Internal Slave. I haven't had a reliable clutch in over 6 months. Considering my Jeep is my Daily driver it is imperative that it works so i can get to and from work, so i really need some help here. My clutch simply won't maintain pressure. No matter what i do, and how many times i bleed it, air still gets in the system. I replaced the clutch a little over a year ago. It worked fine up until 6 months ago, then i would have to bleed it about every 2 weeks, but now i can't even drive 5 minutes without the clutch failing. After going through 5 Autozone Master cylinders, and 1 slave cylinder i learned my lesson about buying cheap parts, and went to napa where i purchased a high quality spicer master cylinder, and a high quality slave cylinder. I then replaced the hose with a factory replacement, but found that it leaked at the master, so i had a new hose custom made and now it seals perfectly at the master. So i can rule that part of the system out. When i bleed the clutch it bleeds very easily. It only takes 2 minutes of bleeding to get a perfectly firm petal. However after 5 minutes of driving the clutch is back to engaging right off the floor. When i pump the petal the problem only gets worse, so i'm assuming its just sucking air from somewhere. I think i have it narrowed down to the two metal lines that run from the slave cylinder, to the flexible hose and the bleeder screw. Both the slave i got with my clutch, and the new one i just purchased didn't come with those two metal lines. Today i noticed that fluid is seeping out from the bleeder screw, so i'm assuming thats where the air is entering. My question is how do i fix this. I have done hours of research trying to find a way to buy a new bleeder screw, or adapt it to make it work with a brake bleeder screw. I have also tried to find new metal lines, however i have come up with nothing and i'm to the point of desperation. Please any help is very much appreciated!

Back