• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 fluid capacity ?

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
an 8.8 at stock pinon angle holds about 3 quarts of oil. when i did the swap in my xj rotating the pinon angle up for the cv shaft and sye i put 3 quarts of oil in and it didnt even register when i put my finger in the fill hole. should i keep filling it till the oil comes out of the fill hole or do i stay with the original filling capacity. any input or thought is appreciated.

Ill usually fill mine till it comes out the hole, then plug it up, and add a couple extra squirts.

The top filling plug is an awesome feature of the 8.8

my original thought was to fill it up till it comes out of the hole. than again i was also on the same page as jeeper john. thanks for the input guys.

There is a fill plug on the cover, however the tone ring sensor on top of the housing makes a much more convenient fill point.

Also, the Ruffstuff has more capacity than an OEM cover, hence using the fill hole as a guide, rather than a set volume

the fill hole on the 8.8 is above the pinon on the front of the housing not on the cover. if running an aftermarket cover than you might have a drain and fill plug on the cover. there is no reason to use the tone ring sensor hole as a fill plug since the 8.8 is equipped with one from factory.

Back