• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

first time jeep owner!

Noslo_2

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone I just bought my first jeep. Its a 1990 lifted 4.5" new 32" tires, detroit locker in the rear and a lock-rite in the front, yokon rear axle, trimmed front fenders, and I will be adding more soon. I will post a pic once I figure out how to do it lol. Sorry if I have some dumb questions in thhe future. I live by capital peak if anyone wants to meet up

Soon to come: custom rear bumper, rear quater armor and rock sliders

Take one from a guy who Knows.... Change out your ball joints for spicers and swap over to the u-bolt style yokes front and rear.

Take one from a guy who Knows.... Change out your ball joints for spicers and swap over to the u-bolt style yokes front and rear.

or you could park it at the "bottom" of airplane hill.:D save your stuff for another trail :thumbup:.

but there agin thats not epic:anon:

Bronze.

I stand corrected on the rear end found out tonight its a 8.25 wth yukon shafts and the front has dana 35 with the bigger u joints that came on 96-98

You mean a D30 front axle with the 297 u-joints (they are the larger front joints).

That should be a great set up just the way it is!!

Congratulations and welcome.

Michael

2xtreme you would be correct. I bought the jeep from a buddy who knows far more then me. He said its also got about a $400 drive line in the rear. I am still new to this and haven't remember everything I ave a lot of reading and research to do yet. One problem I have is that I have to drive y jeep to evans crk cause I don't have a trailer to put it on so I brake anything important I'm sol till I pick some spare parts.

Back