• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

otk steering tie rod roll

yeah. keep the inverted Y and use an insert in the drivers side knuckle to run it OTK. no tie rod roll

I run Currie, its way beefy but just like stock geometry. I drilled out the drivers side knuckle and welded in an insert. Works frick'n tits, steering is perfect, drives flawless on the road and it takes a beating on trails. My Jeeps locked F/R, 33's, lots of armor, I wheel my junk hard but I'm not stupid with it. I'm sure you'll love it if your Jeep is a similar build to mine and you drive to the trails. Not saying its the best but its a really good all around set up.

Here are some pics in this thread of my old crap Rustys set up and my current Currie set up. FYI I love Rustys but that steering was absolute garbage, I have heard their OTK steering is nice though.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=942121&highlight=rustys,+currie+steering

is there anyway to lessen or elimate tie rod roll with a otk steering. i dont want to go to a heim joint system.

i just checked out jcr. what a simple idea. very in expensive too. worth a try. thanks

Under or over...this is exactly the system you're worried about. It rolls like crazy when there is a steep drag link angle. Tends to wear out quickly too. I have the same set up on my Cherokee, and the steep drag link angle rolled badly, and it wore out in no time. That said, I also had the same set up on a CJ with a very flat drag link angle, and there was no roll, and it lasted very well.

I ordered a 1" section of HDPE that I'm going to cut down. It was 5.25 for the piece but I never got a shipping estimate. So it will probably be the same price as 2 of theirs shipped.

The jcr spacers die quick if you wheel hard. I was killing them in a couple hours. I ended up making a spacer from plastic cutting board material. I made a bunch of them and never had to replace the first one I installed.

Back