• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical issue.

jdogg4

NAXJA Forum User
So Saturday I’m heading out the door to head out of town jump in the jeep won’t start no power at all. Lights not on everything unplugged nothing I could see drawing power. Over head lights off. Get the neighbor to jump start the jeep for me. Cranks over fine first crank no problems running the rest of my 40 min trip. Parked it under a street lamp and turned it off then back on no problems. I made sure nothing was on when I left it there. Came back 5 hours later DEAD no power. Jump started it with no problems. I get home turn of the jeep keys in hand and the fan is still going? I can’t get it to turn off. Played with all the controls and the fan just kept blowing. Keys are still in my hand at this point I put them back in fettle with the ignition and still won’t turn off. I hit the defrost and nothing hit the rear wiper and it turns off the fan. Crank the jeep on and the fan kicks back on turn it off it stays running tell I hit the wiper switch again. Left it off got up the next morning and it’s dead wont turn on. I don’t know jack about electrical stuff on cars. Any thoughts or Ideas on how I should proceed from here.

Lack of electical know how here (is the relay in the switch cluster) as in if I pop the face plate off and just pull that switch out is that the relay for it? I'll have to hunt that down.

The fan relay is under the hood in the relay box next to the battery.

This is the internal blower fan controled from my dash not the under the hood cooling fan. Sorry guys.

Inspect the fan switch, the fan relay, and the blower motor resistor. Replace any parts or wires that look melted or burned. The climate control fan relay is behind the glove box.

Back