• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

torque specs

fallacist

NAXJA Forum User
how important is it to torque to recommended specs? Im installing a lift, and ive just been cranking everything down. I've got a torque wrench, but haven't really gotten around to using it.

are there certain things that I should make sure I torque, or can i get away with just tightening?

depends who you ask.

many will say 'torque to spec' so theyre not liable when your wheel falls off cause you barely tightened it...

im of the opinion that a suspension lift can usually be done without one.... if anythings its more important to final-tighten(torque it down, minue the torque wrench) control arm bolts (or any bushing really) at ride height... with weight on the wheels.

for wheels, i use a 4-way and squat down to limit my strength.

come back in after you put a decent test drive on it, and make sure nothing moved, i mark my nuts with a paint pen to make sure they dont move.

ohh, I should have have done that. Finished the lift tonight, drove it home about 15 miles @ 60-70 mph. Everything felt pretty damn good. I'll check tomorrow morning for looseness.

Didn't even have to put the t case drop in. 3" RC lift on a 01 w/ a 8.25. I don't really feel... vibrations? No more than I would normally feel? At least, nothing noticeable?

Back