• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRE flip inserts + RHD drag-link ?

Renegade XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So Im looking at replacing my steering with a ZJ set-up and while doing some research on part numbers and stuff I ran across a few guy running a RHD drag-link + TRE flip inserts on both ends, bringing the whole steering system above the knuckle. Does anybody here have some experience with this set-up? Other than relocating the sway-bar links are there any other mods needed? (Like perhaps having to move the track bar mount up?) This is for a daily driver so it has to handle highway speeds well.

Thanks!

I am using this setup, RHD drag link w/ inserts on both knuckles. Moves steering up quite a bit, it will hit your stock swaybar links. I cut mine off and don't run a sway bar, but thats personal preference. I'm at about 6.5" of lift w/ trac bar in stock axle end mount, w/ a lowered frame mount, and a drop pitman arm. No bumpsteer, angles are almost perfect. It works for me.

Just go to the dealer and buy a factory one.This one is straight from Mopar(never did use it).
P1040600.jpg

lazyxj said:
All that I have found are made by Crown, not a brand I have a lot of faith in.
Now if Currie made one, I might be more interested.

crown supplies a whole lot of parts that get rebadged with some bigger names than you probably think. typically pretty good stuff in my experience, and an excellent company to do business with. american owned and operated.

why not just get rid of the factory steering ?.... go with a 1ton otk setup and save yourself cash in the longrun.

Back