• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is your battery box broken like mine?

RedJeep2.0

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I found this on CL

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/pts/2632463588.html
5a4d5db9.jpg

a7d440f7.jpg

41b61fba.jpg

Iv been emailing him.

I'm going to get 2 and Scott wants one.

He told me he would do $70 for 3 shipped.

Just throwing this out there.
Anybody else want in? Before Scott and I order?

70 three ways is 23.33each and you don't have to drive to Silverton

Ballistic Fabrication makes a selection of these also that you may want to compare with these.

Michael

Ballistic Fabrication makes a selection of these also that you may want to compare with these.

Michael
For the record.. This is not to insult you in anyway, But have you followed ballistic's reviews lately?.. (and when i say lately.. i mean in the last 2 years)

:rtm:

I have not followed any issues with Ballistic. I have had nothing but great service and parts from them in the past, but have not kept up with any current issues.

I completely agree with keeping money local and supporting the small guy!

I was simply providing other options, primarily because of the mounting options and I assume this local source might be able to make a few mods to best work for your applications.

Michael

Not sure if I would trust the battery post so close to the top plate. With the terminals on it would be a lil close for offroad comfort. just my .02

Not sure if I would trust the battery post so close to the top plate. With the terminals on it would be a lil close for offroad comfort. just my .02

have you looked at the stock one?

kinda close

do you have a red/yellow/ or blue top?
cuz if you did the battery top post have a built in step up (about 3/16th)
(see pic)

and the battery box is to HOLD the battery down...(so it wont move)

i dont know the guy, but i know my battery box is broke and i need to fix it. 23 bucks is a hell of a deal

All I can say bungie cord. just kidding! Looks like a good hold down almost anything is better then a rubber cord holding your battery down. In my years I have seen so many people blow up batteries or made spot welds in their hoods.

Dave

Sent from my butt since that's what I talk out of most the time!

I know that Max from Dirtbound offroad is in the making of an XJ-specific battery tray/hold down.

Thanks to TORX, I will never have to buy another battery box....never ever

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Back