• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Better off-road Baja Claw TTC or KM2?

I loved my Claws. They were great in everything except ice. I had the biased version but the radials just as good if not better since they aren't quite as stiff as the biased ply. They didn't really last long though (I did a LOT of highway driving) but I hear the Biased ply tires wear faster anyway.

Pitbull rockers over both of those, but out of those two id go with the km2's. Good on the road, quiet, don't wear fast and hookup good on wet or dry rock.

KM2.....that is all. By far the quietest, smoothest MT I have ever had. Baja Claws get LOUDDDDDDD when they wear, especially if they wear imporperly.

I have ran both, in 33x12.50 size NON-biased ply, and currently run the KM2's. BAJA CLAWS are loud on the street, and since they are directional they can only be rotated front to back. The tread life was not as I had hoped and the lugs wore "scalloped" (could have been my fault). They do have some amazing traction in the sand, rock and snow but rock crawling I have noticed they tend to slip off rocks to the side. Sidewall protection and side biters are a plus.
KM2's are what I run now to replace the claws. Amazing inprovement on pavement and off road. I have had them on for over two years and have over 1/2" of tread depth left before the ware bar. They are quite on the street, can be rotated in any direction you like and are very durable, lugs ware normal. The sidewalls have great protection and I have never had a puncture. The rubber compound resist "chunking" pieces out more than the claws. I wheel my rig extremely hard. Sand, mud and snow are no problem. Rock crawling is better than the claw too (my opinion- dont flame me). For a DD the km2 is hands down my vote. I have alot of real life experience with both tires. In my opinion hands down the KM'2 is a better trie. There is a reason you see em on everyones rig. -nothing against the claws but the km2's have my vote.

I had several friends with baja claws all in the 35" flavor.

I found my 35" MTZs to be better then them in our terrain up here (mud covered boulders, loose dirt hills, etc.). They were even better then them in snow/ice due to the siping.

I love how people add what tire they think is better than both, when the tire in question is between Baja Claw TTC or KM2

Because otherwise some people might not have considered other tires.

I love when people offer their opinion on tires when they're across the country on completely different terrain.

I had several friends with baja claws all in the 35" flavor.

I found my 35" MTZs to be better then them in our terrain up here (mud covered boulders, loose dirt hills, etc.). They were even better then them in snow/ice due to the siping.

Oh do you mean like this???

He obviously has two tires in mind and has done research. Otherwise the post would be "what is the best tire"

Anyhow...

Oh do you mean like this???

He obviously has two tires in mind and has done research. Otherwise the post would be "what is the best tire"

Anyhow...

You apparently lack geography skills.

I wheel in the Northeast (MA, NH, RI, PA).

He wheels in VA. Very similar terrain as myself and friends up here. I was offering another tire due to having seen it OUTPERFORM one of the tires he selected in the SAME TERRAIN he described.

To the OP poster, if you're dead set on either one of those two tires, I'd lean towards the KM2. My buddy ran a set for a year and said they were the best DD/weekend wheeling tire he had ever ran. I've never personally liked the baja claws. Everyone who's owned them has moved onto different tires.

You apparently lack geography skills.

I wheel in the Northeast (MA, NH, RI, PA).

He wheels in VA. Very similar terrain as myself and friends up here.

To the OP poster, if you're dead set on either one of those two tires, I'd lean towards the KM2. My buddy ran a set for a year and said they were the best DD/weekend wheeling tire he had ever ran. I've never personally liked the baja claws. Everyone who's owned them has moved onto different tires.

LOCATION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS POST... You need to chill out man...

Again it is an OPINION post. Have you ran both sets of tires for an extended period of time?? Sand, Snow, Mud, and Rocks- you can find them anywhere in the USA.

:laugh: I'm 100% chill. I just said that I thought MTZs were better than Claws and he should consider them seeing as how I wheel in the same terrain as him all the time.

It's pretty easy to tell if a tire is shitty or not on someone else's vehicle that you wheel with regularly.

I don't drive on road very often, so handling and noise on road is not a consideration for me to buy a certain tire. The baja claw and the TTC are different tires and the KM and KM2 are different. I have ran the KM and the original Claw but I need advice on the new versions of these tires. Thanks for everyones input.

LOCATION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS POST... You need to chill out man...

You're the one yelling...And yes, location is relevant. How can you assume that a tire that may perform well in your area, will perform equally as well in the OP's terrain considering they are not similar? If I was asking for recommendations on better tires for the moon, would someone who has only driven underwater's recommendation be relevant to my search?

OP: I've seen way too many people blow side walls in Baja claws to ever consider them.

You're the one yelling...And yes, location is relevant. How can you assume that a tire that may perform well in your area, will perform equally as well in the OP's terrain considering they are not similar? If I was asking for recommendations on better tires for the moon, would someone who has only driven underwater's recommendation be relevant to my search?

OP: I've seen way too many people blow side walls in Baja claws to ever consider them.

Yelling?? you funny:rof: And thanks for your OPINION.
Back on topic...

we had a truck with TTC claws at my clubs rock crawl comp last year, hands down the worst tires of both classes(both modified and open) ive personally ran the reg claws and they simply sucked, cept the price and i got em dirt cheap used only know 1 person that still runs em and im sure the reason is he gets em used for cheap, see a trend yet?

Back