• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering stabilizer to trac bark bolt?

wadellis

NAXJA Forum User
sorry i know its track bar, im stupid and cant go back and edit the title

does anyone know where i can find the bolt that bolts the top of the stabilizer to the track bar? its the one that tapered where it goes into the track bar, the stock one uses a weird fastener so its pretty much unremovable unless i want to destroy stuff...im trying to install a larger unit and lost the bolt for it any help is greatly appreciated

Oreilly auto part #sc2928 shows a new shock with the mounting hardware for the drag link. There's other part numbers available that show mounting with a bolt and some bushings.

It would be easier/cheaper to just go buy a new HD dampner,it will come with the bolt!

but this one is almost new...why buy a whole new one just for the bolt when this one is still good? ill send rustys an email maybe they can help me out

Just went through this myself...

The cheapest I could find one was ~$17 plus shipping, under p/n P837

As mentioned, I got a new stabilizer at oreilly's (with the mounting hardware) for $31.

Robert

I might have one which I'll drop it in the mail if you can wait that long. Will check tomorrow. I would guess someone closer will have one.

Assume you are referring to the drag link, not track bar.

Probably not a practical solution time-wise to start with, but my old bolt turns out to be unusable.

Good luck with your search!

Back