• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Digital Torque Wrench - Special

Brownline

NAXJA Forum User
wrench.jpg

As a new sponsor of this forum, we are offering an introductory special: our Digital Torque Wrench w/ Blow Molded Case for $99 - including shipping. Just go to our website: Brown Line Metalworks, LLC | Professional Grade Digital Torque Wrench and click on the "Buy Now" button. At checkout, enter the coupon code: NAXJA

You can see the torque wrench in action in the following video:

Product Specifications

Patented Double Gear Sensing System
Designed, engineered, and tested by Brown Line Metal Works, the patented* D.G.S.S. technology ensures repeatable accuracy of +/- 3.5% both clockwise & counter-clockwise
Accurate from 20 – 100% of full scale (7% accuracy from 10 – 20% of full scale)

Microprocessor Controlled
8-bit electronics ensures accurate readings and simplicity of use
Allows for both Peak and Track mode
Individually calibrates each wrench
Supplies unique serial number for each wrench

Ratchet Head
1/2" drive reversible ratchet
32-tooth gear provides an 11.25º arc while handling high torque loads
Forged from Chromium Vanadium alloy to ensure strength
Conforms to ASME B107.10 2005 standards

Range
15 – 150 ft/lbs
180 – 1,800 in/lbs
20.3 – 203 Nm

Digital Control
Large backlit digital display shows both target torque and current read-out
Intuitive button design makes operating torque wrench simple
LEDs and digital display provide visual feedback when operating wrench
Buzzer creates audible feedback when target torque is reached
Easily switch between ft/lbs, in/lbs, and Nm
Automatically powers off when not in use for 2 minutes
Low battery indicator

Handle
Soft-touch overmold provides comfortable non-slip grip
Engineered plastics ensure an impact resistant housing

The offer is valid till Nov. 1st, and is only for the lower 48 states.

kind of cool having one wrench for both ft/lbs and in/lbs. i hate having to figure out the conversion. all my torque wrenches fill a complete drawer in the box. plus i have ALOT more invested. anyone in need of a torque wrench my really want to look into this one. if it truelly is a quality tool that is.
P.S. thanks for being a sponsor.

Any plans for one in the 250 ft/lbs range?

What type of battery do these take?

What's the typical battery life?

What type of warranty do these have?

Where are they manufactured?

Wow, looks to be a great deal. The "digital" indicator on my Craftsman is starting to get buggered up and I was thinking about getting a new one in this torque range. I know I can just use an adapter, but 3/8" drive seems more appropriate for this torque range. Is that an option?

Good questions.

I'll most likely buy one during your special offer, but would like a little more information on them. Thanks.

It requires 3 AA cells From amazon review

I guess the auto shutoff clears your torque settings so every 2 minutes you have to reset it. Other than that good reviews on Amazon.

I'm definitley curious about your warranty.

BLMW dodge caliber forums said:
Our warranty is industry standard: 1 year from date of purchase, 90 days for calibration. We have a repair / calibration facility in Chicago in case anything ever does need to be done to the wrench.

You would think all that info would be available from Brownline's own site. :rolleyes:

I may have to drop a Benjamin on one of these though, my old torque wrench has seen better days.

This is really neat :thumbup:

If they went low enough to check pinion bearing preload for axle setup I would be buying one right now... that is the only torque wrench I don't have in my collection yet.

Okay:

Sorry about the delay in responding. In terms of warranty (and I apologize for not having this on our website - it is something we are going to add in the next redesign) Ours is industry standard: 1 year from date of purchase, 90 days for calibration. We have a repair/calibration facility located in Chicago in case anything ever does need to be done to the wrench.

BLMW

And here are the answers to the other questions:

The unit takes 3 AA batteries. Typical battery life is 40 hours of constantly being on / used. If you are not going to be using the wrench for an extended period of time, we recommend that you take the batteries out of the unit so that they don't accidentally corrode inside.

The ratchet and the steel components of the wrench are manufactured in Taiwan, and the electronics and assembly are done in Malaysia.

Our wrench is manufactured using our patented technology, which is inherently much less expensive than our competitors. That is why we are able to offer the wrench at such an attractive price.

I think that was it.

BLMW

Wow, looks to be a great deal. The "digital" indicator on my Craftsman is starting to get buggered up and I was thinking about getting a new one in this torque range. I know I can just use an adapter, but 3/8" drive seems more appropriate for this torque range. Is that an option?

We currently only have the 1/2" / 150 ft.lb version. The 3/8" will typically only go up to 100 ft.lbs. As you point out, you can use the adapter for the 3/8" fasteners.

BLMW

Hi,

I just ordered one, but never saw a coupon slot to enter the Naxja Code, while using Google checkout? Can I get the discount please.

Google Order 861220015563954

Thanks

Ben Holt

10 Days Left !! Don't miss out.

Hi,

I just ordered one, but never saw a coupon slot to enter the Naxja Code, while using Google checkout? Can I get the discount please.

Google Order 861220015563954

Thanks

Ben Holt

Ben:

No problem. I will refund the difference first thing Monday. Thanks for the order.

BLMW

Right on!!! Thanks.

This has got to be more reliable than my 15 year old Craftsman...thing only clicks occasionally.

Thanks for supporting Naxja!!!

The unit takes 3 AA batteries. Typical battery life is 40 hours of constantly being on / used. If you are not going to be using the wrench for an extended period of time, we recommend that you take the batteries out of the unit so that they don't accidentally corrode inside.

I know it's probably too late, but if you recommend taking the batteries out, it'd be awesome if you had some sort of storage in the molded case for the necessary batterys. It would only be 3 small depressions to hold the batteries so that you wouldn't have to search for them each time. Little things like that make customers very happy :)

I know it's probably too late, but if you recommend taking the batteries out, it'd be awesome if you had some sort of storage in the molded case for the necessary batterys. It would only be 3 small depressions to hold the batteries so that you wouldn't have to search for them each time. Little things like that make customers very happy :)

Way ahead of you. Under the handle, there are three spaces to hold the batteries. You just push them in and the snap in place.

BLMW

Any plans to offer a model that does torque angle?

Back