• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

custom jeep wiring near tacoma

cody4359

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 88 mj that i have begun a 96 xj ho swap on. its close to being complete but the wiring needs a bit of work and im tires of messing with it. does anybody know of a good shop to help me out? ive tried auburn car repair but after not hearing back from an email then goin in person and being told they would call with a quote the next day, yet never did i refuse to go to them. any other shops? thanks

i have a 88 mj that i have begun a 96 xj ho swap on. its close to being complete but the wiring needs a bit of work and im tires of messing with it. does anybody know of a good shop to help me out? ive tried auburn car repair but after not hearing back from an email then goin in person and being told they would call with a quote the next day, yet never did i refuse to go to them. any other shops? thanks

Sorry for not getting back to you, we've just been slammed and not in a position to take on as much of a project as you've got going and be able to handle it in a timely manner.

John, That is a lame excuse, you need to at least get back to him and explain what you can and can't do at the time. :nono:

Cody, With the type of wiring your talking about there isn't anyone else in that area that I would recommend or trust to do that kind of work. Personally I would wait till I could get John to do it, he does excellent work particularly with unusual work like you are talking about.

Maybe there is someone else that someone else can suggest, but I would highly recommend Auburn Car Repair!

Michael

Sorry for not getting back to you, we've just been slammed and not in a position to take on as much of a project as you've got going and be able to handle it in a timely manner.

so over 2 months ago i ask for a quote and never get a reply, yet within 2 hrs of posting this i get an appology :bs: booked or not if a company says they will call me the next day and fails to for whatever reason, thats says alot about the managment and is a big red flag.

so over 2 months ago i ask for a quote and never get a reply, yet within 2 hrs of posting this i get an appology :bs: booked or not if a company says they will call me the next day and fails to for whatever reason, thats says alot about the managment and is a big red flag.

Post up your list, you've gotta admit tha tyou're talking WAY more than a "little wiring". My $95/hour labor rate scares away most of these types of basket-case jobs, so in all honesty I figured if I quoted you 2 or 3 days worth of labor on it you'd be scared away anyway. If you're still interested, I have your list and I'm willing to work up some quotes, and could probably fit it in toward the end of the month.

John

without going into a bunch of detail again i just want the 96 xj harness connected to the rear mj harness (brake lights, blinkers etc) with a pig tail. i have a writeup on it and have it somewhat figured out. the other PIA would be wiring in the 97+ power windows/locks/mirrors. a bunch of odds/ends but that all depends on total $$. the truck fires up and runs but im just tired of it sitting in the driveway. you can pm me a quote or 2

Back