• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

put into drive...loses power.. cat not plugged

jeepodus

NAXJA Forum User
i got this 93 4x4 xj 4.o L6, when i put it into drive it losses power and i have to feather the accelorator to get it to move. seems if i push the gas pedal down and hold it in a specific position it catches up with itself, then it'll pop a few times and lose power. high rpms and not many gear changes like it dont wanna shift. i changed fuel filter, air filter, plugs wires cap rotor coil. the cat is not plugged. i dont know what an aic is either. so im just shootin in the dark till i get it right. tomorow im going to change the tps and look into adjusting the tv. any help would get me laid sooner....please help!! :smootch:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: put into drive...loses power..no cat installed

IAC is idle air controller

My guess is the IAC or Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). Both are easily tested and relatively cheaply to replace.

Check for a vacuum leak (bad tubing or loose connector) between the MAP sensor mounted on the firewall and the lower connection on the side of the throttle body. Sounds like it came loose at the throttle body to me.

Back