• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Worn RE Leaf Springs with Shackle Relocation?

z06elmo

NAXJA Forum User
In the rear I have RE 3.5" lift springs. Been on the rig a good 50K+ miles now. They actually net 4.5" or so of lift.

I started with the RE 3.5" lift springs + 1" Shackle but the angle is nearly 90*

I installed the HD shackle relocation + 1" shackles and got a good 45* angle. The problem is that with me transporting 2 people and a load in the rear, it bottomed out easily. By that the shackle would be literally resting on the bracket.

I then cut out the shackle bracket to allow full movement, and again the shackle would go all the way back (180*) and hit the bracket. I've tried it with the stock shackles and same result.

I'm not back to 3.5" springs + 1" shackle. I now have no problems on or off road, but it obviously doesn't flex as well.

I'd like to have the flex but be able to load up the rear..what are my choices?

I've been running shackle relocaters for well over a year and I have the RE3.5" springs and 1" shackle from the RE 4.5" kit. Empty, my angle is about 30deg and it settles perfectly to 45deg when fully loaded for the weekend. You might try moving up one bolt hole to reduce your angle and then load down your jeep to see where it settles.

IMO you will need to bumpstop regardless to keep the shackle from hitting the bracket.

FYI I've been running my RE springs for 50K+ also.

Good luck - Wall

Back