• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any good BBQ joints around Seattle?

dick.breakey

NAXJA Forum User
Just curious. Im a foodie and love to try new places, so Ill be checking out some of these burger joints to see what the hype is all about :yap:

Do they do anything close to real bbq up there? Such as full on smoking for 12-24hrs and something besides pulled pork? Brisket, turkey, sausage, hot links etc. One of my concerns leaving Texas is leaving the brisket behind. Though Ill be picking up a smoker not too long after I get there so I can make my own, but sometimes I wish to just go get some and not spend 16hrs waiting on it. I dont mind driving an +-hr each way to get to a good place, just dont know of any. What are yalls thoughts?

Try wicked rack Bbq in everett. Hes in the shopping center on the corner of hwy 99 and everett mall way. Well worth the drive and he owns an ho 4dr xj on 33s!

cant beat Amazing bbq made by a fellow jeep owner

your the seccond person who told me bout wicked rack. must be good stuff. every time i go there he seems to be closed lol.

if your up for a good burger try the redmill burgers and dicks burgurs. found spotted around the greater seattle area

another place would be to meet the man at Dixie's BBQ Bellevue. herd good things bout them just havent made it there yet

2nd vote for Dixie's BBQ in Bellevue/Kirkland. There is NOWHERE like it ANYWHERE!!!!

I have spent a reasonable amount of time in Texas and the midwest and there are some great BBQ places down there but to be honest there are plenty of great places here in the Seattle/Portland/Eugene area also, they may not be quite so prevelant as they are in the south but in my opinion they are just as good.

Keep in mind that neither Texas or the Midwest can shake a stick at the prevelance of great local seafood!! And you might find that your pallet likes the diversity that the NW has to offer :cheers:

Michael

The Bunkhouse, FTW.

My vote goes for Pecos Pit in downtown Seattle near the stadiums. If I had to go outside of Seattle then its Cedar River BBQ in Renton.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

If you get to auburn go to Long Horn BBQ off hwy 18 and C street easy find. also try Branks in Sumner its amazing also. It is off the 24th street exit off hwy 167. thoes are my two favorites

Wart Hog in Fife on 20th west of 54th headed toward Sportco. Or if your looking for southern food go to Southern Kitchen at 6th ave and Sprague st.

Back