• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 Auto trans line kinked

frontman

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I heard a funny noise under my jeep and while looking for the issue I noticed something unrelated. It seems that while on one of my off road excursions i picked up a tree limb which seems to have situated itself between my transmission and crossmember. After prying it out I noticed it bent, kinked, and destroyed my BRAND NEW cooler line right where it goes into the transmission. My question is... is the end of the fitting that goes to the transmission the same as where it goes to the radiator? If so I am so screwed. It is severely damaged. I cant remember what that fitting looked like before I broke it. Thanx in advance for the help. Any pics of a good set up would help.

It's the same kind of quick disconnect.

You can buy a new fitting for the trans as Dorman 800-714 for like 8 bucks, and scavenge the end off another line and splice it in with 3/8 oil cooler hose, fuel injection hose clamps, and some light tubing flares just to keep the hose from sliding down, GrimmJeeper also did a great writeup on replacing the whole factory setup with AN-3 fittings and hose from Earl's. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1045807

Yea Between GrimmJeeper's walkthrough and Talyn's walkthrough i redid all mine (an-6) added trans cooler/ temp guage/filter (wix51515)

Im very happy with it , couldve went a cheaper route i suppose but im very happy with it .. And after the trouble i had with those dang "Quick" disconnects leaking on me i'm happy to be rid of them .

AN-3? thats 3/16ID hose... NO NO NO NO. you want AN-6
BAD ENGINEER, BAD!
you got me there... for some reason I was counting 8ths instead of 16ths. :eyes:

Back