• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auto to manual door swap ?

UPNOVR

NAXJA Forum User
On my jeep now I have a set of auto doors that are giving me trouble. I have found a set of manual doors that is more appealing, but the doors them selves are pretty beat up, whereas mine are pretty straight and match the rest of the Jeep.

Would it be possible to swap the internal components of the manual doors to the auto doors? Or would it be better to just keep an eye out for some better manual doors? TIA.

Yes, it is very easy. You didn't say what year XJ you have. On 96 and earlier, the regulators are riveted in. You'll have to drill out the rivets. Then install the manual regulators with nuts and bolts. On 97 and later, the regulators are already installed with bolts, so it's super easy.

Yes, it is very easy. You didn't say what year XJ you have. On 96 and earlier, the regulators are riveted in. You'll have to drill out the rivets. Then install the manual regulators with nuts and bolts. On 97 and later, the regulators are already installed with bolts, so it's super easy.

Great to know, I have an 87 so it guess a have a bit more work, but that's fine!

Post pics.

I also have been wanting to do this cause none of my power windows work anymore after the doorless mod.

those rivets are a PITA to drill out, I think mine were aluminum with a steel pin. Some of them I was able to hammer/punch the pin thru, then drilling was not problem. Still had to grab the backside with angled longnose pliers when the drill started spinning the rivets. The tighter ones, the steel pin wouldnt budge, and when I tried to drill, the bit just walked off the pin and just chewed up the aluminum. I ended up cutting them with an angle grinder and cutoff disc.

Back