• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need new seats for my renix xj(Searched)

toates89

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i am looking to upgrade my front seats in the xj(89) most searchs refered to 96+, plus all that i read goes back and forth between it fitting and not fitting.

so do zj or wj or tj or xj seats fit in my year jeep?

bottom line is go to a junk yard and try a few million seats out. Find one you like and fab a "properly" built adapter to make the seat fit.

dont think of it as a renix seat... as its really not. EARLY model seats, go up to like 96ish...

i modified a late model xj seat to fit on my 1990 xj, with minor welding and fab work, can provide pics. GREAT seats... the early stuff is TERRIBLE, especially the ones with the hard plastic head rest... wtf were they thinking?

but no, the later xj floorpan is differant, making the sliders differant.

i've been very happy with my leather seats out of an early limited xj, sadly they wont bolt on to my new one(01) so they go with the jeep. i managed to get them for $30 a piece.

Back