• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackle and add a leaf

962door

NAXJA Forum User
I have a used 2" full length add a leaf and a 1.5" shackle. I have heard the add a leaf gives a hard ride, would adding the longer shackle help smooth that out? My stock spring pack is flattened out and I am afraid that just the shackle will be too much for it... What are your experiences? Thanks

Adding the longer shackle should not change the ride at all, unless the existing shackle is limiting spring travel. As you stated your springs are "flat", they shouldn't get any longer during spring travel, so shackle shouldn't limit anything. The only thing a longer shackle will do is lift the rear a bit.

I did an add a leaf and new shocks only and the ride is firmer, but not hard. If you have "flat springs" then I would go with the add a leaf plus new shocks (if the springs are flat the shocks are possibly gone also) IMHO.

I just replace the shocks all around and that's what brought it to my attention... I will try throwing the add a leaf in this weekend and if it needs a little more lift I will have the shackle :)

Back