• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Superflex joints

bennyboopy

NAXJA Forum User
Years ago I bought a 4.5" RE lift with springs from the 5.5" as well as a SYE and all that stuff. Eventually I graduated college, got a new car and the Jeep sat for a while. Then my little brother started driving it around. Between both of our neglect and lack of greasing the superflex joints they are thoroughly worn and a main source of death wobble.

Seeing as how I barely drive the thing(mostly just use it for picking up wood-chips and yard stuff a few times a year) I want to fix these joints, but would rather not buy the superflex joint tool, nor the joints at $50ish a piece(2xLCA and trackbar).

My Question:

Can the Super ride rubber bushings(hourglass ones), or the Daystar replacements be used in the same hole that the current superflex joint resides in?

Why not just get the $10 replacement set?

I think he means the replacement races. Currently when you move the joint around, you can clearly hear sand/dirt on the metal "ball". I am pretty sure it will need to be replaced also. The other reason I want to go to a normal bushing is that I simply don't have much time to off road anymore. The jeep has been delegated to winter and hauling duties and having a rubber bushing makes much more sense compared to a limited life superflex joint that will barely get used.

1-you dont have to hvae the tool to work on the joints.
2-No,you cant use rubber or poly in those ends.
3-Lube the joints more often,both my rigs are going on 10 yrs+ with only greasing them!

Back