• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel spacer???

davidson99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering about wheel spacers and everyone's option on them? I've heard some bad things about them if you go real big but when i bought my jeep it had 2" wheel spacers on it and i liked the really wide look but i know being that big of a spacer is hard on the jeep... what about a 1" or 1 1/4"?

Depends on the backspacing on your wheels. I have 15x8s with 3.25" backspace. That's the same as a stock TJ 15x8 with 5.25" backspace and 2" spacers or 15x8s with 4.5" backspace and 1.25" spacers. I wouldn't run my 3.25" backspace with 2" spacers if I was going to put a pot of miles on.

Im running the 1.3" form adaptitusa on my 15x8s They said they wouldnt recomend much wider than that unless I was compensating for a high offset wheel. The farther the wheel is out the harder it will be on our bearings and ball joints.

I was wondering about wheel spacers and everyone's option on them? I've heard some bad things about them if you go real big but when i bought my jeep it had 2" wheel spacers on it and i liked the really wide look but i know being that big of a spacer is hard on the jeep... what about a 1" or 1 1/4"?

You did not say what back spacing the wheels are that you are running now. That should be your starting point. Your other option would be to but wheels with the desired back spacing.
I am running the XJ OEM wheels with the Spidertrax 1.5 (1 1/2") wheel spacers. The OEM wheels being 5.25", that put the wheels at 3.75 (3 3/4") back spacing.

Back