• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on electric fan motor replacement

cherokeefan_1

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all. I am looking for opinions or experience on using the replacement fan motors for the oem cooling fan. For the price of the replacement motor from four seasons off ebay I can buy a new complete oem style fan. Which do you think would be the better option knowing that both are probably made in china. Should I go for the new motor and the old fan blade/shroud or get a new fan assembly from one of the no name manufacturers? Both would probably be from ebay or a place like rockauto. Any info or opinions would be great. Also the fan I have is a curved 8 blade style as I could never find the 10 blade style at local yards. Is there much of a difference in the amount of air moved between the two? Thanks in advance :patriot:

go to partsgeek.com and buy a 98 or newer cherokee fan. they are 10 blade and they are 78 dollars shipped. All that has to be done if your cherokee is older than a 97 is cut off the plug that comes on the fan and use the one off of your old fan. I did that and the fan works great

teamcherokee.com lists bost old and new styles for 90 bucks with a three year warantee. got one from them this summer, fit and worked perfect.

Back