• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best beach in washington

redrider2911

NAXJA Forum User
K guys. I'm posting this super late but I need ideas. Originally I just planned on taking Melissa to long beach as a surprise (the go carts there are fun!) but I want your opinion on the best ocean beach in Washington. I'm looking for a nice sandy beach with camping areas and possibly some sort of swimming holes, hiking and scenery. Experience, stories, and pictures would be awesome.

Come on. Need some help from you west side guys.

Your best beach is probably long beach, ocean shores is ok, there is more hotels to pick from (if your going that route) honestly I think the food in LB is better too, and camping is easier, your right about the go karts, they are a kick in the butt

I should probably add that we are going to Seattle first to pick up some recording equipment then head to the beach. So the drive from Seattle to long beach is about 3-1/2 hours. As well as the drive to Astoria. What does fort Stevens have to offer over long beach? I realize that most nw ocean water is probably too cold to swim in... But maybe lakes or rivers with swimming holes near by? Anyone know about la push? Can you throw down a tent any where around there? Any sandy beaches? I hear great scenery....

La Push is cod & windy, all the time. As fare as I know you are NOT allowed to camp on the beach. Most of that area is Tribal land and therefore under different rules. There are several campgrounds in the area that I've seen and also heard about, but never camped up there. There is NOTHING to do in La Push either.
For Astoria/Ft. Stevens, there is beach driving access, small town with shops & food. Seaside is a 45 minute drive south. The campground itself is probably one of the nicest you'll ever see. Astoria is fun to check out also. You won't find any go carts like in Long Beach. Hope that helps.

We went to long beach. It was alot of fun. I was in the honda so no wheelin or anything. But we did cruise on the sand. Checked out all the shops and road the go karts. Was gonna play laser tag but we couldnt get a big enough group together. lol We also drove all around the peninsula and went yard selling. Found some pretty good deals. There was a guy giving away a one year old huge charboil s.s. gas grill for free! I was mad I didnt have the jeep. Considered trying to disassemble the whole thing but even then I doubt it woulda fit in the honda.

We walked the beach and stuff then decided to check out ocean shores. Drove a couple hours north. It was not as good as I expected. The beach was pretty packed which wasnt too bad though, plenty of people watching and volleyball games to join in on. We drove around town and instead of the small beach town feel with ma and pa shops and shacks, it was like a wanna be big beach city. Wasnt very festive. I really wish we woulda drove the hour south or so and checked out astoria and maybe canon beach instead. But over all it was a good weekend.

Back