• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will an RE 5.5" long arm lift, front & rear axles fit in a 1992 Dodge Dakota??

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
Will an RE 5.5" long arm lift, front & rear axles fit in a 1992 Dodge Dakota??

Just like the title says..... Will an RE 5.5" long arm lift, front & rear axles fit in a 1992 Dodge Dakota??

What parts will fit?????

Re: Will an RE 5.5" long arm lift, front & rear axles fit in a 1992 Dodge Dakota??

yes everything will fit

Re: Will an RE 5.5" long arm lift, front & rear axles fit in a 1992 Dodge Dakota??

lol really? no.

Just like the title says..... Will an RE 5.5" long arm lift, front & rear axles fit in a 1992 Dodge Dakota??

What parts will fit?????

Is it a long bed or a short bed. More parts will fit if it's a long bed. Some parts will fit in the cab too. I think you can make it all fit.

If it has Air Conditioning it will. Trust me I did it to mine.

:wow::wow:Wierd question, huh?

Is it a long bed or a short bed. More parts will fit if it's a long bed. Some parts will fit in the cab too. I think you can make it all fit.

See, plenty of room.

IMG_2595.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

Last edited:

if the dakota has a spoiler, it'll work. 150% sure...

I was going to try and construct a serious response, and then I started laughing at myself...

What are you trippin on bro? Molly? Dots? Boomers? We should meet and plan out this build thoroughly... :wow:

Obviously some fab work will be required but the width of the axles should work. You will need to fab up all of the frame bracketry to mount the arms in the correct position for the wheelbase you choose for the build. Just curious, what axles did the durango come with? Didn't they have a 8.25 rear?

Obviously some fab work will be required but the width of the axles should work. You will need to fab up all of the frame bracketry to mount the arms in the correct position for the wheelbase you choose for the build. Just curious, what axles did the durango come with? Didn't they have a 8.25 rear?

The rear is a 8.25 but it is a 6 on 4.5" bolt circle. You could use the 8.25 from a 1987 to 1991 Dakota with a 5 on 4.5" BC or weld new perches onto a XJ 8.25.

Axle width-wise, it is about perfect. Dealing with the huge independant suspension front section will be interesting. A lot of cutting and fabbing would be necessary. I think (I'd have to look at my '87 Dak to know for sure) that the frame is a c-channel in the area where the LA mounts would attach.

Back