• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

turn indicator/blinker erratic behavior.

drewbsking

NAXJA Forum User
For those searching for a possible cause and solution for their blinkers working somedays and not others like me I have your answer. My blinkers would stop working meaning they would flash once or not at all when I turn them on. Both sides. Would happen for one day and the next month it would work fine with no problems. Recently it was so nerve racking I decided to try to fix it.

I first I thought it was something to do with the plastic cam of the lever switch and the clock spring because it would stop working with the slightest movement of the steering wheel but that was not it. It was just a coincidence.

The real problems was simply replacing the Left multifunction lever switch. I found this out by wiggling the hazard switch and found that it was working and not working based on how hard I was pushing the slide switch in the wrong direction (toward the front and back of the vehicle). The larger connector controls the blinkers, the smaller one is for the high beams lights. My switch was broken because I did not get continuity between pin 1 and 4 (counting from bottom left up, then over to the next row.) I did get continuity when I wiggled the slid switch for the hazard lights.

For the record it was not the flash relay, or ground issues, or bad bulbs.

Bought the part from Napa for about 55 bucks. Made in Taiwan. BOO! But its 25 bucks cheaper than Mopar.

It was really easy fix. The hardest part it to out the steering column shroud BACK on.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Not only did i have a bad switch the flasher was screwed up too. It only worked sometimes. (i just figured that the relay would work or not work at all so i was looking at other reasons for the problem) I replaced it with a new one and it works all the time.

Back