• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drive line question?

supermini99

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone this is a newb question..What year(s) Jeep Cherokees rear drivelines will fit my 88 jeep Cherokee? I need to replace my rear drive-line and need to know what years will work and wont work

Specifically what parts are you replacing? What engine, transmission, transfer case, and rear axle, do you have now ?

"Drive-line" is not a technical term. Again, what individual parts are you intending to replace?

Driveshaft and u-joints?

It might help if you would tell us what is wrong with the part(s) you want to replace.

The Cherokee was made for 17 years. Some parts parts interchange for all years and some do not. There were different versions of some parts based on your engine, transfer case, transmission, and rear axle.

To correctly answer your question you have to identify your engine, transfer case, transmission, and rear axle, and then tell us which parts you want to change.

Maybe you should just go to www.car-part.com and look it all up for yourself. However, you will still need to identify the parts in your Cherokee presently.

Back