• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi-Lift Jack Mount "DIY"

Anthonyb

NAXJA Forum User
So this is my first "DIY" thread so bear with me,

Please note i have never been threw welding class or training my dad bought a welder 7 years ago on a whim not knowing himself how to weld. i have done chop top mini trucks and full cj-5 builds and full custom harley bobbers and all still on the road today. i may not be the best but think i've done well for no training just practice and self learning.

I Refuse to pay more for a mount the i did for the jack, it makes no sense to me. So I decided to make a cheap easy and functional one.

Started with some scrap steel i had laying around
cut two strips about 5 3/4 long and drilled a hole in the center i had some bolts left from when i installed the JKS quick discos, they were the oem lower sway bar mount bolts. m12 by 1.75

then welded the bolts in the holes after grinding them to raw steel

securedownload-1.jpg

securedownload.jpg

I went to the local ACE and picked up these nuts and washers and lock washers i made sure to get 19mm Because everyone has a 4-way lug wrench so it makes it easier if i forgot mine.

securedownload-3.jpg

i drilled a hole in the bolt so i can put a little lock on it
securedownload-2.jpg

then i Simply welded the mounts to my roof rack but they could be welded or bolted to almost anything

securedownload-4.jpg

securedownload-5.jpg

Yes i also saved 15$ by Using an I LOVE BOOBIES rubber bracelet @ 1$ a pop im gonna throw a second one on there and be golden

securedownload-7.jpg

DONE!! about $16.50 and 1.5 to 2.5 hours depending on your work speed i take it slow and steady and i still need to pull it off and rattle can it.

So i hope you enjoy my first "DIY" thread i wanted to do something easy for my first one so dont be to harsh haha.

Much respect for that. I especially like the hole for the padlock – good thinking. I was a sucker and paid WAY too much for my hi-lift mounts back in the day. Ah, if I knew then what I do now...

Great job. Thanks for sharing. :)

Excellent work and good thinking with the boobies bracelet.

I like the ingenuity, nice work.

i think its safe to say that we all <3 boobies =]
good work!

First off, how the hell did you get the stock sway bar bolts out in tact? (On a side note, I just picked up a ball-joint press, so maybe that will do the trick on my new D30..)

And second, awesome mount! :thumbup:

I use a wing nut on mine as well, but mine is the hi-lift brand mount welded onto my roofrack.. The jack and the mount were free, so I'm not complaining! :D

Back