• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

very interesting....

kdub41

NAXJA Forum User
I have hear of people doing this, but once again go-jeep has an amazing write up about it. And if you look down towards the bottom that guy used a regular gate style handle valve and it worked pretty well. take a look and give your opinion, or if you have done this put in some feedback of your success :D would you have to have a high flow pump for this to work? Or would it work for a stock cooling system?

Last edited:
That depends on if you.....wait a sec. What the hell are you even referring to? Provide a link or even a description.

I have hear of people doing this, but once again go-jeep has an amazing write up about it. And if you look down towards the bottom that guy used a regular gate style handle valve and it worked pretty well. take a look and give your opinion, or if you have done this put in some feedback of your success :D would you have to have a high flow pump for this to work? Or would it work for a stock cooling system?

WTF did you just try saying?

I have heard of people doing this, but once again go-jeep has an amazing write up about it. If you look down towards the bottom of the write up, a guy used a regular gate style handle valve to regulate the flow of coolant and it worked pretty well. Take a look and give your opinion, or if you have done this modification please give some feedback of your success :D. Also would you have to have a high flow pump for this to work? Or would it work for a stock cooling system?

HERE IS THE LINK

:arrowr:http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoRadiatorRestrictor.htm

Last edited:
You know whats funny is that cambridge university did a test and no matter how something is spelled you can still read it. But i guess for forums its different :D

here is the study from Cambridge University

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

You know whats funny is that cambridge university did a test and no matter how something is spelled you can still read it. But i guess for forums its different :D

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Htat si nitersetnig veyr.

(holy spellcheck batman!)

Its not the spelling that was the issue, it was syntax. We could read the words alright, it was the way you strung those words together made no sense what so ever.

oh well haha ill get over it. What is actually quite funny is that with this forum all people do is bash instead of actually asking "can you post a link?" or "can you re-write this to where it makes sense?" haha oh well. So do you guys think that this idea could work??

Last edited:
oh well haha ill get over it. What is actually quite funny is that with this forum all people do is bash instead of actually asking "can you post a link?" or "can you re-write this to where it makes sense?" haha oh well. So do you guys think that this idea could work??

Exactly... 15 replies chuckling over one guy's lack of a link, but should you actually post a legitimate tech question... crickets. It's the reason I'm no longer a paid member and after years on here having such a low post count.

I think the issue was more that you in no way whatsoever described what you were talking about, at all... it had nothing to do with your grammar or spelling. Without the link the entire post made no sense at all. It's like calling customer service on the phone and saying "well, when I do this with it, this part right here pops off this thing. So what do i do to fix it?" ;)

:dunno:

Exactly... 15 replies chuckling over one guy's lack of a link, but should you actually post a legitimate tech question... crickets. It's the reason I'm no longer a paid member and after years on here having such a low post count.

I didn't see anybody laughing at him. We all were saying the same thing you just chimed in with. So I guess make that 16, since you didn't help much.

Back