• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Neutral safety switch ?

98_XJ_Classic

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry its late I had to put that as a title. But on a serious note my NNS (neutral safety switch) seems to have gone bad does anyone know where to get one and not pay $300.00. around the Detroit MI area.

Re: How do I change my tire?

^^^DING DING DING! We have a winner!

The nut on the selector shaft like to grab every bit of corrosion that is possible. Besides the nut, there is a single bolt to remove and it is yours. The most difficult part of the job is getting the bloody thing off of the transmission. I would like to recommend that you put witness marks in plcae prior to removal to aid the post installation alignment. I failed to do this and it took three shots to get it right. Picky little devil... All in all, one of the easiest tasks to do. Buy the part only if yours gets broken. If you are concerned, get one from a source that will refund the money if the part is not needed. That way if it breaks you have a back up on hand. Marcus's (Gojeep) write up is very good.

Back