• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor mount ?

franeich

NAXJA Forum User
I am gonna replace my motor mounts tomorrow. Every where I read says to remove the oil filter adapter. I was thinking wouldnt it be easier to unbolt the mount from the block and take the whole mount out. Reassemble it out of the vehicle then bolt it back in?

you might be right. on my 99 4l, i was able to just remove the mount on the passenger side without messing with the ofa or the block to mount bracket. good thing too cuz as i recall the alternator and maybe coil mount were involved in removing the block side motor mount. take a good look and see whats easiest for your application. dont forget to remove your tranny mount to crossmember nuts too while your doing this job.

I have done 4 motor mounts and I put factory jack on blocks of wood and jack it up right under the front of the pan must use wood block on the top of jack too otherwise you could cave in your pan .Unbolt big bolt first then the 2 small one jack like crazy till the mount is free pull the big bolt out of way and its done reverse process to install .

Sometimes you do have to remove the ofa to get the big bolt out. Sometimes. I did not have to on my 96 and 98 XJs, but did have to on my 92 MJ. The ofa is not difficult to remove, it's just one bolt.

Back