• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Truck was stolen, ignition busted...

Dangler

NAXJA Forum User
Truck is a 2000, needs a new ignition. From the pictures, what do you think is my most cost effect route to getting this part fixed. I searched and found some threads on how to replace it, though i have a 2000 jeep cherokee FSM on it's way.

I'm totally new to the jeep scene. So any help would be great. since it was stolen without the key, it's safe to say there is no immobilizer?

What year column will work if i can get a deal on an entire column?

It looks like the housing area that surrounds the lock core is broken off.

Thanks in Advance.

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

Damn those are some high res pics. Anyway, look around ebay, they hav plenty of ignition parts usually as well as a lower steering column cover. The ignition cylinder should come with the key but if it doesn't, from what I heard, it can be keyed for your key at a locksmith.

dealership can replace the ignition with a matching one for your key. had to do the same thing in my wifes car when the security crap in the ignition switch for her car died.

Back