• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What long arms to buy ?

Anthonyb

NAXJA Forum User
1998 XJ 4 door 4.0
Considering :
Rough country
Clayton
Rustys
Ironman 4x4 fab
Let me know your thoughts

H2 Rescue ../:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

Now for the installation of the claytons how extensive is the welding, I can weld just wondering on the process

search.jpg

you don't even have to that anymore with thses kinds of threads. We have an entire vendors section for adverts, reviews, sales, and gripes.

plus there are about 69 of these threads up at any give time. No search function required, just look...

Thanks for the help to some of you. To others I don't understand how you expect someone to want to join and go red if you can't assist and answer a simple question without being a complete jackass, all these forums are the same, if we are supposed to just LOOK for answers why is this a membership site and not just an information database, sorry but I like to verify the members of a site before contributing my hard earned cash to some guy that is just going to answer my questions or concerns with a picture of a search bar, like I said to some of you thank you for a FRESH answer to my question, product lines change on a weekly basis so I would expect the answers to do the same. I was told by many friends that this site is different good solid info not your typical guys waiting to make a new member feel like a "NOOB". i dont expect much from posting this paragraph except for someone to just continue the cycle of being NOOB bashers, but its just a suggestion if you want new members try to be a little bit more welcoming to new members prospects. well all drive jeeps and can appreciate a day on the trail with friends, and thats what this site seemed to portray.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help to some of you. To others I don't understand how you expect someone to want to join and go red if you can't assist and answer a simple question without being a complete jackass, all these forums are the same, if we are supposed to just LOOK for answers why is this a membership site and not just an information database, sorry but I like to verify the members of a site before contributing my hard earned cash to some know it all computer nerds, like I said to some of you thank you for a FRESH answer to my question, product lines change on a weekly basis so I would expect the answers to do the same

You need to see things from the "jackass's" point of view.

Noobs coming in constantly asking questions and topics that have been literally debated on multiple times.Hasta

Product lines dont really change on a weekly basis, maybe yearly.

And as for my opinion on long arms, build your own.:dunce:

The only answers generated by threads like these are:

X is better
Y is better
Coke is better
Pepsi is better

And the best long arm kit is the one you build yourself. You get what you want for a much better price.

Dont forget about TNT.

You need to see things from the "jackass's" point of view.

Noobs coming in constantly asking questions and topics that have been literally debated on multiple times.Hasta

Product lines dont really change on a weekly basis, maybe yearly.

And as for my opinion on long arms, build your own.:dunce:

definitely didnt mean to beat a dead horse and ill admit i tried to find the correct thread,

And most likely another stupid question does anyone have the info or link to a thread that would give some solid info on building a kit from ground up ?
Im definitely a do it yourselfer and would prefer that over a prebuilt kit anyday im just lost at where to start

If your refering to making some radius arms the are pretty easy.If your talking 4-link then theres alot of space/geometry issues to deal with.As far as build threads/webpages,there are some out there.The one I used 10yrs ago to build my first set is long gone,but I used it more for ideas that any actual data.Heres some pics of my build.
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=D978C996B9F94140&id=D978C996B9F94140%21223&sc=photos
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=D978C996B9F94140&id=D978C996B9F94140%21236&sc=photos
I always liked this pic,its 1-1/4" Chromoly allthread with 6" of adjustability!
17520019.JPG

Last edited:
Ya radius Arms
I want ride quality on road due to a baby on the way

But also more capable off road

Thanks for the help to some of you. To others I don't understand how you expect someone to want to join and go red if you can't assist and answer a simple question without being a complete jackass, all these forums are the same, if we are supposed to just LOOK for answers why is this a membership site and not just an information database, sorry but I like to verify the members of a site before contributing my hard earned cash to some guy that is just going to answer my questions or concerns with a picture of a search bar, like I said to some of you thank you for a FRESH answer to my question, product lines change on a weekly basis so I would expect the answers to do the same. I was told by many friends that this site is different good solid info not your typical guys waiting to make a new member feel like a "NOOB". i dont expect much from posting this paragraph except for someone to just continue the cycle of being NOOB bashers, but its just a suggestion if you want new members try to be a little bit more welcoming to new members prospects. well all drive jeeps and can appreciate a day on the trail with friends, and thats what this site seemed to portray.

Oh, thanks for reminding me of your member status. I forgot to tell you that your "sig" is not compliant with forum rules.

Oh, thanks for reminding me of your member status. I forgot to tell you that your "sig" is not compliant with forum rules.

Might want to read the rules for yourself "keep on topic" and no profanity so technically your sig is not within forum guidelines, feel free to IM me if you would like to address me out side of the topic in this thread

Anyways Back on topic thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it im seeing if i build it myself the cost will be cut in half the only thing im sketchy on building is the crossmember so i may buy the cross member and weld and assemble the radius arms

PM answered. And Hell is not considered profanity.

Back on topic.

Back