• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project: Phoenix Rising.

Dangler

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I've been a fan of Jeep's for a long time, just never had the chance to own one. I'm a VW/Audi guy, and currently have an A4 that has a little work to it.

So about a month ago, my gf bought a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Limited off one of my friends (a VW/Audi guy also). She had a VW R32 (we met at a car show) before this but sold it, and bought the Jeep for $3500 and the rest of the money was going towards efforts to move out of her parents house. Fast forward 3 weeks. She parts the truck, in front of my house, and stays over the night. My mom asks if my girlfriend left early, I said no. My mother responds with "Well i don't see her truck. I run outside and sure enough it was gone. Now I live in a very quiet suburban town. This was the last thing i expected. I was very :gonnablow and she was very:tears:. We didn't think we were ever going to see it again.

About a week later the Elizabeth NJ PD gives us a call and says they found her truck. By this time, she picked up a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport, since she needed something to get her to and from work. Which btw is a great truck, and was considering picking one up myself. She doesn't want the XJ, so I happily offered to buy it off her and keep it.

So now, it's mine. My plans are to fix up all the damage, do some steel bumpers, a mild lift, and a different wheel and tire setup. I'd like to upgrade the rear brakes to disc brakes. and do a respray of the car. It will be my daily basher for fall/winter duty.

Some pics.

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

The spare, aftermarket sub and amp were stolen, the used it to steal other cars because it had parts in it that were from honda civics. The front and rear bumpers are smacked up, the tailgate has a dent over the rear tail light. the tail light lens is gone. They burnt holes in the head liner. there was broken glass in the trunk area, but i cleaned up.

Now, the car is draining the battery, which i'm thinking is due to the busted ignition and steering column.

More pictures.
IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

So, what is the best solution to go about fixing the steering column? I was looking around eBay, and found the lower column shroud, and seperate ignition parts, and some full columns. I understand there are two generations of XJ's, and i'm concerned that only certain columns will fit.

Also this is the type of key and remote that goes with the truck. I don't know if that limits which ignitions i can buy.

DSC03862.jpg

Back