• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just got a 99 xj and the front end is rigged have questions.

AZSPEED

NAXJA Forum User
So it looks like it has about 6" lift appears to be re short arm and springs with spacer in the springs also. Has drop bracket for track bar, not sure of brand but looks like the drilled another hole on bottom mount closer to driver side. Stock steering and no sway. The xj says back and forth on freeway and sometimes has a little dw. I'm wanting to put drop brackets on the control arms and put in he steering what do you guys recommend. If I take some pics would anybody be able to tell me what is on it now.

Take out the intra-spring spacers. (are they the poly ones or those terrible metal ones, either way, get em out). They suck and if you flex enough they'll dismount at least, shift and damage your springs at worst.

Are you saying there IS a proper drop bracket or that the guy just "drilled another hole"? The latter sounds very dangerous to me.

Get an alignment, Get sway bars.

take a couple pics of the whole front end ... sounds like someone had inch-itis and wanted to go as tall as possible on the cheap...

from there i am sure the NAXJA minions can help you with how to go about getting the front end safe.

Back