• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suspension seat question

Speedbump96

NAXJA Forum User
alright so im looking to get seats but i would like some input fromt others running them i need them for my dd and weekend wheeler.

My biggest concern is obviously comfort and im a small guy my waist size is a 30-32 i want a seat that will fit me somewhat snug. does anyone know any good seats for someone my size?

your size will easily fit in most seats. I have been looking at the Baja SS from Corbeau. You may want to look into some of the seats designed for a commuter car though. Climbing in and over the side, lumbar, and butt supports every time you get in and out of the truck is going to get old on a DD.

Eat some cheeseburgers.

See if there is a 4WheelParts or something near you and if they have any test seats. Also, if you have a local chapter, someone might have a set installed.

I have Beard SuperT1s and they are very comfortable. The side bolsters are a little high but not higher than my door bars. I am 36"-38".

I have Mastercraft seats and I have driven all day in comfort. My old seats (cheap china knockoffs) would get very uncomfortable after a couple hours. It is well worth the price for the superior design and comfort.

yeah i was looking into the baja ss seats ive heard some good things about them my daily commuter is deffinitly looking like its gunna get some serious off road time then be a dd

when looking for racing seats, its far better to be skinny than fat.... beards are too small for me in the kidneys, and im not that big. brides have a 150 weight limit... guess im stuck special ordering my seats in wide. =\

i'm running empi racetrim seats with a fixed back in my dd. they have adjustable lumbar support, have all day comfort when driving and are cheap. i got my set because a buddy of mine had a set in his tj, we drove two hours, wheeled all day and drove two hours back. i never even noticed the seats till i got home and realized my back didn't hurt.

I had Corbeau Baja SS's in my XJ for a while but ended up trading them for a set of PRP Daily Drivers. The SS's were too short for me, the headrest only came up to the bottom of my neck. The PRP's also have a hair less bolster so they are a bit easier to get in and out. Building the mounting brackets is pretty simple as well and lets you adjust the seat angle.

I have PRP high backs and I love them. They are located in Murrieta (a little bit of a drive from the high desert when you return) but you can sit in all the different seats they offer in the show room.

Back