• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vehicle Speed Sensor issues

xjrspratleyxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 Cherokee, I have been through to of thes speed sensors, am I changing the wrong one (tail housing on transfer case). I did a search and did not find anything useful. Someone said there is some by the abs, but i have cut them off completley on other vehicles and never had these type of issues. Any input would be appreciated. Thank You

“I have a 96 Cherokee, I have been through two of these speed sensors, am I changing the wrong one (tail housing on transfer case). I did a search and did not find anything useful.”

Note from DJ
Why are you changing these speed sensors out?
If we knew what your problem was someone might know what speed sensor you should be looking at.
We are not mind readers and we are not working on your Jeep.

[

Note from DJ
Why are you changing these speed sensors out?
If we knew what your problem was someone might know what speed sensor you should be looking at.
We are not mind readers and we are not working on your Jeep. [/QUOTE]

Agreed. What is the problem you're encountering?

I am getting a vehicle speed sensor code among multiple misfire codes, sosmeone told me that the VSS on the tail housing of the transfer case was the only one to interfere like that, cuz it misreads and tells the computer you are going faster or slower than what you are making the computer go wacky, causing misfires. I was inquiring to see maybe if i was putting them in wrong..... I see you just unbolt the bracket holding it in, pull it out put the new one in and put the bracket back on.... looks simple enough.

Back