• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ sway bar upgrade math question

Xjcrazy57

NAXJA Forum User
All right. So i followed the directions on the junkyard upgrades post and went and got a v8 zj sway bar. I was stoked cause i thought i was doing something awesome. Well i get home and its not much fatter than my xj one. It is only 2mm to be exact. So i went from a 24mm sway bar to a 26mm. My question is should i take the one back i have right now and get the 28mm? does it even matter much mathematically speaking?

It's true that you can get a bigger swaybar most times that way though occasionally, the xj did come with a 28mm bar IIRC. At this point, you're miffed with the 26mm bar because it's only 2mm over what you have. The 28mm will only be 2mm over that. I wouldn't be all that concerned. Just know that you need new bushings that match your bar size. Daystar makes poly's in all sizes.

In before "just ditch your swaybars".

Since i'm still a newb I'll tell you. The V8 zj tie rod is larger in diameter and solid steel where the stock rod is little, hollow and wimpy.

Back