• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8 lug parts for a D44?

Well I either need to convert my FF60 to 5 on 5.5 or the HPD44 to 8 lug..

Will only the F250 parts work? Or is there anything else out there that can be used..

By the way both axles where FREE...

the ford D44 "hd" is low pinion.. that was found on like 75-77 camper specials or something. the minty axle is the 78-79 F250 HP44, and yes you can use those outers.

you can run outers from whatever you want- ford, chevy, dodge.... just be aware that 8 lug 44 stuff is super expensive. getting custom drilled 5x5.5 shafts for the 60 will probably end up being cheaper if all your 5 lug ford outers are already in good shape.

getting custom drilled 5x5.5 shafts for the 60 will probably end up being cheaper if all your 5 lug ford outers are already in good shape.

too bad he has a full float axle. kinda hard to drill shafts for a different lug pattern when the wheel doesnt bolt to the shaft

I do know of a guy locally that is machining and re-drilling FF60 and 14 bolt hubs out to 5 on 5.5. Looking like he and I might need to have a talk..

Back