• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deer Valley trip report (pic's)...

JOSEJALAPENO

NAXJA Forum User
So i just got home from Deer valley, I had a great time just 2 things to
where not so fun for me, I have a cut side wall on my 35 km2 & my np 242 would not stay in 4x4. Here are my pic's.

Last edited:
More pic's

Last edited:
Here are few that I took.

summer2011012-1.jpg
summer2011007-1.jpg

summer2011008-2.jpg
summer2011009-1.jpg

summer2011010-1.jpg
summer2011011-1.jpg

oooops kinda big pics sorry.

Did any body get some pic's of Mr.Ed with some Bushmills in his system? :guitar: :laugh2:

I've got to say I was a little disappointed in the members of this forum. My wife and I were running deer valley Saturday from blue lakes. We ran into your group at the top of the hill (where there are three ways to get through). You were parked all over in the middle of the trail. Not only were you blocking the entire trail, nobody moved when we pulled up. I had to park my rig and ask someone to pull forward 6' so we could proceed. 1. Don't park and hang out blocking the trail. 2. If you choose to block the trail because nobody is coming, move without being asked. It's basic trail manners.

Sorry you had a bad experience. These types of things happen when you get ~20 rigs in one area, there is a range of experience from none to lots, etc. We'll try to keep it from happening in the future.

I just wanted to let those who went on this trip know, so they will be more aware next time. The guy I asked to move was very polite and moved forward enough for us to proceed. I understand a large group blocking the trail to take a break, but if there is room to allow people through, we should all do so. I would hate for this forum to get a bad name and that's why I posted here.

I was the guy you asked to move. My apologies as I thought you where part of our group since you where in a cherokee. This was my first run with NAXJA so i did not know everyone there. No need to blame the whole group for my mistake

Like I said, no harm no foul. We were all the new guy once. Not too mention there were at least 3 other guys who could have moved and didn't. Nice rig by the way.

Finally getting to the pics I have of the Deer Valley portion of our trip.

After getting off the Rubicon, Mike, Kelly, and I stayed at the Super 8 in Stateline to freshen up a bit with a warm shower (we even did some laundry), eat some good pizza and sleep in a nice bed. Then the following morning it was off to Hermit Valley.

1468.jpg

Some guys were wheeling Slick Rock that day and JoseJalapeno came back with a split sidewall on his somewhat new KM2s

1471.jpg

1470.jpg

Hi Guys, Thanks for posting all the great pics, sorry, Wife controls the camera & she kept forgeting, don't know why I keep her. Just kidding, in case she ever sees this. Thom

Back