• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Couple of questions - axle alignment, steering upgrade, and sway bar links

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
My axle is about 1.5" -1.75" off center. It is too far towards the drivers side, even with the adjustable track bar. I'm using stock trackbar brackets and location on both ends.

How can I correct the axle alignment issue? I was thinking a trackbar drop bracket but wanted to get opinions here

I am looking to upgrade the steering also, I plan on using Serious Steering, please offer your opinions on this package and let me know if there are any better options in the same price range.

Also, I need new sway bar links. Quick disconnect would be great but they are expensive. Is there any DIY sway bar end link options? or anything else for pretty cheap??

Im trying to make this jeep as streetable as possible, so far its good but the front end needs work as listed above

thanks guys

are you SURE you are measuring your axle side to side measurement from a center mark on the Jeep? How and where are you measuring it? If you have an adjustable track bar and the axle is to far to the drivers side(after checking my above statement) you should have enough adjustment in the track bar you are using as you say it is adjustable. Unless you are too lifted for the track bar itself! Then nothing will help but a new track bar.

What is your lift height and what is your trackbar? Most I have seen have a large adjustment range. Also, at my 3" lift, my axle is only over a half inch or 3/4 inch max on the stock bar. To be over 1.5", you would probably need a 6" lift on a stock track bar.

It's hard to believe any adjustable one would put you this far off.

You can get fixed-position end links for cheaper than the quick-disco ones. I found a set of quick-disco JKS for $50 used in a classified section. They are nice because they are adjustable. It will be important for you to get the right height/length in those too (based on your lift height).

Back