• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil pan/tranny pan skid thats LA compatable

XGarfX

NAXJA Forum User
Been looking forever to find a skid plate that covers the oil pan and the trans that will be compatible with my RK 3 link long arm. I do not have LCA frame mounts anymore as they have been cut off due to having long arms, most skids mount to them I believe.

Anyone know of a good skid that will work with long arms?

I am not sure of any of hand, Just curious though......Why do you feel you need an oil pan skid and a tranny skid? I do not think I know a single wheeler that actually uses them. And I know people that are mild to wild. Doesn't mean there is no place for them just never seen anyone really use one. Only time I have actually seen one was on a mall crawler so they can say yup I got those..lol

Have been slowly moving up to harder and harder trails, the area where I wheel its mainly sharp, point rocks mixed with large regular shape rocks. The sharp ones are the ones that I'm afraid of slipping off of and smacking the engine or trans pan. It also makes a nice flat surface leading to the crossmember.

For the past four years I've been running every other skid/armor but have yet to get a engine trans skid, it is tucked up rather high but if it gets hit I won't be going home that day.

Back