• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which valving Bilstein shocks for 4.5" RE kit

xjdavid1

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 4.5" RE kit , a winch and a C-rok front bar, rock rails and a 50lb rear bar. I have just installed some Bilstein 5150 shocks with 255/70 valving all round. I was expecting a much more controlled ride. The rear seems quiet good but the front is way way way to soft. I am thinking of trying some 5160 360/80 valved Bilsteins on the front. I do a lot of hard wheeling in 1st gear low range bouncing over rocks etc. I suspect the 255/70s would be ok if I didnt have a winch. The Jeep seems to crash down on the front a lot. I have noticed that even the 360/80 dont have much more bump damping than the 255/70. Any advice.

Have you called Bilstein and told them what you have(your rig details) and what you do and how you want it to act. They know there product better then most. They might be able to give you a better idea.

Back