• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

00'AW4 to 97' XJ wiring issues?!?!?!?

jeepersanch

NAXJA Forum User
:helpme::helpme::helpme::helpme::helpme:Ok fellow XJers. I am in quite the jam. I have my annual jeep trip coming up and I have a rather big problem on my hands. I installed an AW4 from a 2000 XJ into my 97 XJ. Problem is that the plugs did not match up from the tranny to the TCU. I found after some hard searching, 2 diagrams that matched the colors. however, after splicing the wires together:attom:(according to those diagrams), the only gain I got was that the TC locks up. It still does not shift automatically. no 2nd or 4(No LU). PLEASE HELP if you have done this swap. I need answers fast. :helpme::helpme::helpme::helpme::helpme::helpme:

Tim_MN
user_offline.gif

4 Wheel Drive

thank you a million tor this help!!!! you just helped save my annual trip for me. thanks again!:wantyou::wantyou::wantyou::patriot::patriot::patriot::yap::yap::yap::yap::yap::yap:

I ended up finding a 96' XJ tranny AW4 for my 97' XJ. does anyone have a diagram of the Transmission Solonoid Sensor connector and the Transmission Range Sensor connector? I need to splice these into the 97'. Please help!!!

Back