• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A trans cooler line at radiator fitting query

OutkastBoss

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 01 with the aw4

OK so the stupid quick disconect is leaking at my radiator so i am taking the time to upgrade the whole setup.

I am going to do This http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1026658

but since i dont want to leave the old fittings back at the trans i am also doing this http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1045807&page=3

in between them i will leave a section of the metal line to tap my temp guage into . So i have almost the whole setup including parts list on paper

Heres where im having issues I do NOT want to replace those "quick disconnects" at the radiator with new ones ..

So Heres the Question after i remove the old quick disco can the remaining fitting be screwed out of the radiator and if so . what is the size and thread of that fitting??

or even better Does anyone know what part # for a 3/8 barbed to ? fitting..

Id like to have this done all in one shot as this is my DD so having that part before i take it apart would be Greatly better than having to wait untill my cars apart to source the one part i know ill need (x2)

Too Late to edit the origional Question but if you happen to know the part # (dorman?) for the quick disco post that up as well

if thats the only option ill just get new ones

Id only need the fitting on a short peice of hose if its available that way

Edit: i think i found the part #624-801 dorman please correct me if im wrong

and im assuming both upper and lower are the same ?

Last edited:
Id prefer not to use teh "quick disco" but i need to know i can get it all back together the same day.. so if i have to i will

thats why i was hoping someone knew if that fitting from the radiator screwed out and if so what size and thread that would be so i could get that to a barb fitting

I wanted to put an ending to this one..
unfortunately i did not figure out exactly what it was as far as size to post up for the future searchers.. I did find that i couldnt find it at the local sears (all either too big or too small)

But i ordered the same trans cooler that Talyn did in his walkthrough and one of the fittings it came with was perfect ..
Except i had to cut a small amount of the from the front of the "frame rail" as it was a straight barbed fitting instead of the 90 deg. that the stock had to go around the front of the fake frame rail there..

i also cut a soda bottle and wrapped the hose where it went over the frame rail (where i cut) so it wouldnt rub a hole (after i hit it with a lil paint so as not to rust.

Back